The purpose of the Network shall be to support and enhance the ability of its members to provide quality knowledge information services to the communities that they serve.
- encourage group problem solving and exchange of ideas
- promote communication among members
- contribute to ongoing education by organizing, participating in and conducting continuing education programs
- provide free reciprocal resource sharing among members
- cooperate with other health library networks and associations etc. to promote efficient delivery of services
- support library development in health related settings